July 2019 Updates
- New tutorial on the Modality Independent Neighbourhood Descriptor (MIND).
New tutorial on the Self-Similarity Context (SSC). This is related to MIND.
New section on Optimization.
New Satellites section under Space.
New tutorial on Jupyter (incl. Jupyter Notebooks and Jupyter Labs).
- Updated the rm (remove) page with workaround examples for when you get the
argument list too longerror.
June 2019 Updates
The page on Electronic Noise moved from Electronics->Test And Measurement to Electronics->Circuit Design.
Renamed the Fast Fourier Transform page to the Fourier Transform page, as it now contains information about other Fourier transforms.
Added graphs of 1D Fourier transformations:
and animated .gifs of 2D Fourier transformations:
Updated the pytest page with info on
updatesdirectory that all monthly update posts were under.
Added a tutorial on pandas, a popular data analytics library for Python.
Updated the Python Debugging page with more info on
Updated the Passive Filters page with more information on low-pass RC filters, including plots of the frequency response:
I created a public mbedded.ninja project on CircuitMaker at https://workspace.circuitmaker.com/Projects/Details/GeoffreyHunter/mbedded-ninja. I am going to trial out CircuitMaker as a tool for drawing schematic diagrams for this blog. In the past I have used Altium (not free), MultisimLive and InkScape (free but is a general vector graphics editor, not a dedicated electronics CAD program).
Added the Command-Line CSV Viewer page, which contains information on how to cleanly view CSV files from the Linux command-line.
May 2019 Updates
The Component Designators page was updated. The mobile unfriendly one-big-table design was removed in favour of separate sections for each component and designator/schematic symbol. Some of the symbols were also updated using InkScape.
The PCB Design Tools section of the main PCB Design page was moved onto it's own PCB Design Tools page.
All section on the main PCB Design page regarding PCB layers were moved into their own new PCB Layers page.
Big updates to the Convolution page, including the addition of a worked example where the convolution of two box-car functions is calculated.
Added a new page on less, the basic Linux command-line utility for displaying text.
Addition of information on
git commit --fixupand
git logto the git page.
Addition of ownership (
chown) information to the Users, Groups, And Permissions In Linux page.
LICENSE.txt(containing the MIT license) to many of my Git repos, including:
v5.0.0of MPid, which included the following changes:
- Added .gitignore file.
- Replaced Make build script with CMake.
- Replace the custom four number versioning with the standardized semantic versioning (three number).
- Changed README from ReStructuredText to Markdown format.
Updates to the rsync page including a redesign of the Options section.
April 2019 Updates
All image duplicates in
static/images/were deleted. These duplicates were created back when the site was running on Wordpress due to it's image optimization strategies (creating a pyramid of resolutions for the same image to best match the size of the image when it is rendered on a page).
Addition of a
Updates to many of the component package pages in the Component Package Database.
Addition of the TO-273AA Component Package page.
Updates to the Convolution page, including the addition of a worked example showing the calculation of the convolution between two “box-car” signals.
- The addition of the “Categories” page to the main menu.
March 2019 Updates
- New Domain Name Servers (DNS) page.
- New review on different serialization formats (e.g. CSV, JSON, TOML, XML, YAML). This can be found at the A Comparison Of Serialization Formats page.
- NinjaCalc was moved from paid GoDaddy shared Linux hosting to my free Netlify hosting. Not only does this make the build/deploy step much easier (Netlify automatically builds and deploys when changes are pushed to
master), but it also saves me money! After this blog was converted from Wordpress to Hugo and also moved to Netlify a few months ago (see the Site Migration To Hugo Complete post for more info), I no longer have any need for the GoDaddy server, saving approx. US$150 per year!
- Added new "shuriken" feature to posts and pages. You can now click on the shuriken to "upvote" content! You can get more information on the Adding Shurikens post.
- Added a QGIS page (open-source, free-to-use GUI software to working with geospatial images) with information on how to add tile servers, start multiple instances of QGIS and more.
- Updates to the quaternion page, including:
- A new quaternion to rotation matrix calculator Quaternions page.
- Info on converting from quaternions to rotation matrices.
- Updates to the
imgshortcode so that it also works with