I’m in no way a morning person. This alarm is was designed to get me out of bed on time! Specially since I’m starting a new job soon. During a 2009 Christmas shopping spree I brought myself a little dancing, singing Santa (100% impulse buy). To clear my financial conscience, I decided then and there I would use it for something purposeful in the future. Here it is! The Santa Alarm is a hack of my original alarm clock that turns on the santa rather than playing a simple beep or sound. It was quite a simple project and involved tapping into the alarm speaker wires, installing an Atmega8 micro-controller inside it, writing some simple code to turn on and off the switch that makes Santa go nuts.
- 1x Atmega8
- 1x BSS138LTIG 50V, 200mA, SOT23, N-Channel MOSFET
- 1x 10µF capacitor
- 1x IDC Vertical PCB Header
- Single Core Wire
- Start Date: 08/01/2011
- Finish Date: 09/01/2011
- Total Time: About 6 hours…
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .
- Added The Santa Alarm Project
- Luxcity UV Tonic Control System
- Programming Section Updated
- ATmega Code Examples Added, C Programming Section Added