- New PIN Diodes page.
NinjaCalc v1.3.0 has been released! The biggest change is the addition of a CRC calculator, which allows you to calculate the CRC value for ASCII or hex data, using either common pre-loaded CRC algorithms or your own custom algorithm.
The custom algorithm section allows you to enter a CRC width from 1-64 bits, a CRC polynomial, initial value, XOR-out value, and whether the input data and/or the output CRC value is reflected. Then it will calculate the resultant CRC value.
Either download NinjaCalc v1.3.0 here, or open up your previous installation and click yes to update when prompted.
More information on CRC algorithms can be found on the CRCs (Cyclic Redundancy Checks) page.
- Added CRC calculator, closes #122.
- Fixed issue with install4j dependency, closes #123.
- Removed .idea/workspace.xml file from repo, closes #124.
- Added a text-based calculator variable, closes #125.
- Added check so that calculator variables can’t be accidentally added to the same calculator twice, closes #126.
- New Java page under Programming->Programming Languages. Java child pages JavaFX, Unit Tests, Primitive Data Types, Exceptions, Enumerations, Guava EventBus, Implementing The Observer Pattern In Java, Serial Ports, Logging also added.
- New CRCs (Cyclic Redundancy Checks) page under Programming->General Programming.
- Added a Special-purpose TVS Diodes section to the TVS Diode page.
- New MPLAB XC Compilers page added under Programming->Compilers.
- New Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) page under Programming. Child page MPLAB X added.
- New EM Probes page under Electronics->Tools.
- Moved the FreeRTOS Quick Reference Guide onto it’s own page.
- Updates to the Assertions (assert()) page under Programming->Languages->C.
- New Comma Operator page under Programming->Languages->C.
- New IntelliJ IDEA page under Programming->Integrated Development Environments (IDEs).
- New Off-line Switchers page under Electronics->Components->Power Regulators.
- The TVS diode content from the Diodes page was moved to it’s own child page. Info on low-capacitance TVS diodes added to this page.
- Added sections to the PTC Type Thermistor page about PTC Thermistors vs. Fuses and How To Calculate The Triggered Resistance.
- New Voltage-To-Current Converters page under Electronics->Circuit Design.
- Added information about multiple-collector and multiple-emitter BJTs.
- Information added on using low-pass RC filters for making a VDAC from a PWM source.
- Added information about the 10-bit I2C addressing scheme.
- New How To Calculate Track Current page under the PCB Design section of the website, with information, equations, and more info on how to calculate the maximum current a track (a.k.a. trace) on a PCB can take.
- New NTC Thermistor Temperature Sensing page with information on PTC and NTC thermistors, including how to connect them up to a microcontroller for temperature measurements.
- New MicroBlaze page under Programming->Microcontrollers.
- New Z-Wave page under Electronics->Communication Protocols.
- New information about the common-collector BJT amplifier.
including simulation results…
- Information added about making constant-current LED drivers using BJTs.
- New Mains Power page under Electronics->Components->Connectors.
- Updates to the SPI Protocol page under Electronics->Communication Protocols.
- New Circuit Protection sub-section and PTC Type Thermistor page.
- Updates to the D2PAK (TO-263) Component Package page, with more info on the TO-263 THIN package.
- New 4-20mA Current Loop page, under Electronics->Communication Protocols.
- Updates to the D-sub Connectors page including info about filtered D-sub connectors and the various sizes and shapes of D-sub connectors.
- New Object Orientated C page.
- New Humidity Sensors page.
- New Quantum Platform (QP) page under Programming->Operating Systems.
- Added info about the Dangerous While() Loops Inside The PSoC I2C API, as part of the PSoC->Components page.
- New Dependency Injection page under Programming->Design Patterns.
- New Bit Masking page under Programming->Languages->C.
- Info on the dew point and the Magnus equation added to the Humidity Sensors page.
- New Wire-to-Board page under Electronics->Components->Connectors.
- New PCB Card Edge page under Electronics->Components->Connectors.
- New Terminal Blocks page under Electronics->Components->Connectors.
- New Board-to-Board page under Electronics->Components->Connectors.
- New Striplines page under PCB Design->Impedance Controlled Routing.